Thanks for reading my blog!

Thanks for visiting and reading my blog! I hope you enjoy and feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you!


Here's my website for you to visit:


www.jaimelee-photography.com

Monday, June 21, 2010

New friends and new photos....

Meet Ziada!  She is a new friend and fellow photographer!



Meet Nicole!  We were fellow sherpas at the Free To Be Me workshop last week.

Meet Chandani, our beautiful model for the day and a new friend as well!

Nicole invited me along to join her and Ziada to photograph Chandani Saturday morning.  We went over to Crissy Fields and got started.  It was a little windy and a bit chilly, but we all survived... especially Chandani!  She came well prepared with two blankets!  We spent time shooting at Crissy Fields and then we walked across the street over to some buildings to get some "barn door" shots and then, I spotted this beautiful car to be a part of our photo shoot.  We thought we would shoot until we got asked to move away from it.  Thankfully, no one came out and shooed us away!  

After the photo shoot, I got dropped of at home and set my camera down on the counter.  I made some lunch and thought that while I'm enjoying the yummy BLT, I would upload the photos that were just taken.  So, I grabbed the body of my camera and turned to head towards the living room.  The strap attached to my camera got caught on the handle of a kitchen drawer and as I walked towards the living room, the camera was pulled right out of my hands and fell onto the tire floor so fast.  I GASPED folks... GASPED and GROANED in complete agony.  I didn't know if I should scream or cry.  Instead, I remained calm and quickly turned on the camera to see if I could take any pictures.  I heard the shutter clicking, but I couldn't see a thing in the LCD screen.  I called my fiancee Matt, but he was on his 17th hole about to start his 18th hole.  So I called my Mom and just broke into tears.  It was a sad day.  After I got off the phone with my Mom who comforted me, Matt called me and asked me in the most concerned, sweet voice, if I was okay.  I then proceeded to tell him what had happened and he said he'd be home soon.  After I was off the phone with Mom and Matt, I quickly snapped some pictures and uploaded all of the photos I had taken that morning and just then.  On the computer screen, everything looked as it should.  So, I am pretty certain the camera is functional, but the LCD is just BUSTED.  It has a "crack" in the screen.  I'm shipping it out to my Mom's and she's going to take it to a camera repair shop known for their excellent repairs.  I hope to have it back next week.  

I can't tell you how devastated I felt for those few hours, if not entire day.  I think it felt for a moment like all my dreams were about to be shattered.  But they aren't.  And thanks to Matt and my Mom who have such wonderful ways of calming me down and having so much wisdom, I was able to let it go, relax and be reassured that everything was going to be okay.  Thanks Matt and Mom!  

So here are a few more photos of Chandani.  She is a beautiful gal and so are Nicole and Ziada!

2 comments:

Amanda Lock Photography Blog said...

Gorgeous shots, love love your post processing. And that's crazy about your camera- I would have been a sobbing wreck. Yeeks!

Jaime said...

Oh... I was a sobbing mess when I was on the phone with my Mom... It's on it's way across the country to get repaired. One month shy of the expired warranty.