Thanks for reading my blog!

Thanks for visiting and reading my blog! I hope you enjoy and feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you!


Here's my website for you to visit:


www.jaimelee-photography.com

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

First blog posting

Last night, I attended my first ever photography workshop.  It was the kick off of the Free To Be Me tour by Showit.  Guest speakers were David Jay, Jasmine Star and Jessica Claire with special musical guest, Molly Jenson.  They shared about their business successes and how wedding photographers in the Bay Area can apply some of their ideas to better their businesses.  Showit and Action_Runner products were discussed and demonstrated to show how they can help wedding photographers increase their work flow but also decreasing how much time is spent on editing photos and create unique and different websites that sets you apart from everyone else. They also emphasized how much clients are looking for trust and relationship with their photographers, not just because of their photographs and editing skills.  This was SO important and timely to hear at this point in time as my career is just beginning.

I was so happy to have listened to all the speakers and to meet some of the crew behind Showit.  I volunteered to help set up and it was wonderful!  I got to meet new friends and share ideas.  It was inspiring and refreshing!

My dear friend Jackie introduced me to Jasmine Star's photo blog and then I "liked" her on Facebook and saw that she was going to be speaking in San Francisco.  That's how I ended up at this wonderful workshop!  Thanks Jackie!  And... here's a picture taken with my blackberry... with the built in flash.  Yes, we look a little orangeish and we were ok with that.  :)

I'm currently working on getting my website up.  I wish I could use Showit products, but have already purchased my website and will use that for the first year.  And then, hopefully move over to Showit.  It's awesome!  Check it out:  www.showitfast.com

Here are links to the guest speakers and singer of the night:  www.jasmine-star.com/, www.jessicaclaire.net, www.davidjay.com, www.mollyjenson.com/.  And check out Action Runner:  www.actionrunner.com/

3 comments:

Tammie said...

It was so nice meeting you! Let's keep in touch :)

Jaci Van Wyhe said...

Shut the freak up!!! I can't believe you met Jasmine Star! She is such an amazing photographer. You are one lucky gal.

Wendy Moya said...

Nice meeting you! Congrats on your 1st blog post. Looking forward to seeing your website.