Thanks for reading my blog!

Thanks for visiting and reading my blog! I hope you enjoy and feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you!


Here's my website for you to visit:


www.jaimelee-photography.com

Friday, October 1, 2010

The Blakeslee Family :: Fabulously fun family photo shoot in Tacoma, Washington



I know Christen through her brother Hans, and I know Hans through my friend Amanda.  Did you follow that?  Christen and I are friends in real life and friends on Facebook.  When I booked my trip to Washington, I advertised photo shoot specials and Christen responded that she wanted to do a family shoot.  I had met her family a few times at church and maybe at their family Christmas parties briefly.  I remember hearing from Amanda how Clara loved Hillsong Super Kids worship and had heard how the girls were growing up from Hans.  But somewhere I missed that they had their son Titus in the last year and a half!  Last week Christen called and began sharing with me what she was envisioning for the family shoot.  I could hear the excitement and anticipation in her voice and I knew this was going to be a fun shoot!  She also asked if we could change the photo shoot from Thursday to Wednesday due to the weather and of course I said yes.  Boy was I soooooo happy that we changed the shoot to Wednesday, because it poured on Thursday!
Nathan and Christen came and picked me up in their SUV which was pulling a utility trailer filled with props.... yes, a UTILITY TRAILER!  They had spent time scoping out locations of where they wanted their pictures to be taken.  Over the next few hours, we went to all the locations and captured lots of different moments, candid and posed!  The kids were fabulous and had so many ideas of different poses.  They were such troopers too!  This was a wonderful, fun shoot and I think I was like a kid in a candy shop... everything was perfect... the family, the weather, the locations, the props.

Thank you Christen and Nathan for letting me spend just a few hours with you and your lovely family to capture some joyous moments! 
Clara thought it would be a good idea to take a picture of her making a heart with her fingers and having me take a picture with her parents in the middle of the heart.  She's so creative!
Family silly picture!
Clara wanted me to take a picture of her holding a flower that was in focus and she was out of focus!
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today!
Please visit my website at:  www.jaimelee-photography.com
Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are great!! Where was that awesome tannish/brown building you shot at??

Jaime said...

Thanks!!! Oh, it was somewhere in downtown Tacoma near UW Tacoma. I can't remember what street exactly!