Thanks for reading my blog!

Thanks for visiting and reading my blog! I hope you enjoy and feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you!


Here's my website for you to visit:


www.jaimelee-photography.com

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Going Away Party in Carmel Valley and the $900 oil change

Scott is moving from San Francisco to Chicago due to his job.  So, he decided to have a weekend party at a posh mansion in Carmel Valley with some of his closest friends.  He wanted to have a photographer come and take some pictures of their weekend together and that's where I come in!

The night before I was to drive to Carmel, it had poured and poured and was extremely windy.  Matt wasn't going to come with me, and I knew that our car needed an oil change.  So... we went and got an oil change.  I had a coupon for $19.99 and we thought yay!  We'll be in and out with an oil change for $20!  The appointment was going to take an hour, so we decided to go find a coffee shop.  Then we got the call... we were already on our way back to the shop, so we waited to hear the news when we got there in person.  Matt and I said we'd pass on everything for now since we just wanted an oil change and didn't want to be sold on anything else.  :)  BUT, our alignment was WAY off and all of our tires were about split due to the alignment.  We needed all new tires!  And it was already 5pm on a Saturday afternoon.  We had no choice but to buy the tires and have our alignment fixed.  We told them to change the air filter too.  Our $20 oil change turned into a $900 oil change!  Grrrr!!!  It had to be done and we couldn't pass on this fix.  And when we say we would pass on everything, we were thinking windshield wiper blades, upgraded oil, etc...  The poor guys at the garage had to stay an extra two hours to get it all done.  We were hungry, our poor dog had been home alone all day long.  So, we stopped by Chevy's for that really yummy steak salad that I love, to end the evening.  We were sat in a booth and behind us were these two guys who didn't know how not to use the "F" word and or how to talk about women with respect.  One of the guys was talking about a girl that wasn't a "10" but an "11!"  They were completely drunk and when they left, we got to enjoy the rest of our meal.  We got home and Biskey was so ready to go potty!  It was literally raining sideways the weather was so bad.  And I was just hoping that the drive to Carmel the next morning wouldn't take 5 hours.

I got up the next morning and thankfully, the storm had passed through the night.  I had a peace of mind driving our car with the fresh oil change, brand new tires and an aligned alignment.  (I hate the potholes in San Francisco, which is probably what caused the bad alignment!).  I got there and toured the mansion.  All I can say is wow!  So, here are some pictures of Scott and his friends at the mansion.  They were quite creative and had a great sense of humor!  Good luck Scott in Chi Town.  I'm sure you'll love it there!

















I don't know when the last time I had laughed so much during a photo shoot, but my cheeks were hurting by the time we were done.  Unfortunately, there is one gal missing from the pictures.  Poor thing was so sick with food poisoning and a hangover.  Yikes!

Thanks for reading my blog today.  Please contact me if you'd like to schedule a photo session!  jaime@jaimelee-photography.com

3 comments:

Patty and Gavin said...

Amazing pics Jaime! I love the ones on the couch!

Nicole C said...

I second that. hehe. Looks like a fun group!

Toby and Jennalise said...

loved this blog!!!